Jump Start Your College Tennis Preparation
It takes about 5-8 years of high-quality training for most tennis players to achieve top college playing levels. Let Matchpoint design the proper routine for you during this period. In the past 25 years, over 60% of players who have followed supervised training routines by Elson De Cantuaria and MPTA’s coaching staff have been recruited to play college tennis. At MPTA we approach training with long-term goals in mind for our students. We fully understand that a long-time commitment to training and development is essential to produce high-level tennis players.
Special Pre-College/Pro-Tour Tennis Programs
These programs are designed for players who are looking for a program to help them get into specific colleges and players/parents with defined professional playing aspirations.
For more detailed information please contact Elson De Cantuaria at (714) 724-9407
Pre College I & II - $1,300/Month
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 3:00 – 6:00 pm Clinics
- 1 private lesson per week
- 1 additional clinic plus Saturday are optional and guaranteed
- Free use of clay court “no reservation” (based on availability)
- No unlimited clinics during the summer
- Summer includes 5 summer clinic sessions/week in addition to scheduled Pre-College work out
- “All-Day” summer clinic counts as 2 sessions (9am – 5pm)
There is a 3 clinic and 1 hitting lesson/weekly mandatory practice load to all Pre-College players throughout the school year.
MPTA Pre-College programs are reserved for the dedicated and competitive, “year-round” player whose end-goal is a spot on a college roster. Acceptance into this “Invitation Only” program is based on personal results as well as personal conduct.
To take advantage of the extra training opportunities and resources, all players are expected to attend year-round. Players who drop out of the program at any point will have to wait for the Fall Season to re-enter the program.
For all players who attend the program until the end of their senior high-school year:
- 100% college tennis roster placement
- 75% partial scholarship (tennis or academic)
- 40% full scholarship (tennis or academic)
- MPTA will help supervise individual tournament schedules and watch some matches through the year
- High School players must make arrangements with HS coaches so that pre-college training isn’t interrupted during HS season
- More than 2 unexcused absences per month may result in being dropped from the program
- During HS season players will be allowed to miss/switch a few days to accommodate M,W, F matches
- For summer training, published prices are for players who are enrolled in pre-college programs prior to April 1, 2020
- All players must be enrolled in regular MPTA programs for a minimum of 1 month prior to Pre-College consideration to facilitate evaluation
- 5% discount if paying 3 months in advance
- 5% discount for each sibling enrolled in pre-college programs